The 13th Annual Appalachia Energy Law Conference—formerly known as the Shale Plays Conference—will be held Thursday, September 8, 2022, in Pittsburgh. The conference focuses on legal issues related to onshore energy production, primarily oil and gas production in Appalachia. This annual conference brings together attorneys, professional landmen, other professionals and their clients to learn about and discuss important cases, concepts and trends. In addition, the conference features networking opportunities with other attendees.
A welcome reception will be held Wednesday evening, September 7, from 5 to 7 pm at rooftop bar, Sienna Mercato, pictured. Food and drinks will be available, as well as opportunities for conference attendees to socialize. Baseball fans may wish to walk over to PNC Park to watch the Pirates host the Mets that evening.
The substantive program begins Thursday morning. The morning line-up is:
- The Great Contradiction: An Energy Market Overview”
- Survey of Developments in Appalachian Oil & Gas Royalty Litigation
- Break for networking and refreshments
- Navigating the Cybersecurity
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration: Legal and Drafting Considerations
After a lunch program, the afternoon session includes the following presentations
- Insights from In-House: A Panel Discussion with Key Energy Players
- Significant SEC Rule-Making Affecting Energy Companies and Their Climate-Related Disclosures and Business Strategies
- Ethical Considerations for Lawyers Advising Clients in a World Increasingly Concerned with Corporate Social Responsibility
After the final afternoon presentation, there will be a Closing Networking Reception.
Brian Anderson of CNX and Travis L. Brannon of K&L Gates LLP are Conference Co-Chairs. The conference is presented by the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation and the Institute for Energy Law.
All sessions will be held at the Westin Pittsburgh at 1000 Penn Avenue.